I am delighted to have been unanimously elected onto the Board of Trustees of ClientEarth: activist lawyers committed to securing a healthy planet.
I am inspired by what ClientEarth do and who they are and am thrilled to be involved as a trustee. I am looking forward to contributing my own skills to the this award-winning NGO:
- ClientEarth is Europe’s first public interest environmental law organization. Founded in 2007 and now operating globally, it uses advocacy, litigation and research to address the greatest environmental challenges of our time, including biodiversity loss and climate change. Its work is always built on the solid foundations of law and science.
- In relation to environment, energy and climate change, ClientEarth supports governments and organisations in ensuring suitable legislation and regulation is in place
- This year ClientEarth won Business Green’s NGO of the Year award.
ClientEarth has remarkable founders:
- Michael McIntosh has been the president of the McIntosh Foundation since 1971. Through the philosophy of building lasting institutions dedicated to public service, the foundation has been instrumental in founding many non-profit organisations that are today the leaders in their fields.
- Winsome McIntosh has served on the board of the McIntosh foundation since 1972 and has four decades of experience in the wider philanthropic community.
- Founding CEO James Thornton, named by The New Statesman as one of 10 people who could change the world, and picked by The Lawyer as one of the top 100 lawyers in the UK.
Their combined vision is for an Earth where people can achieve their full potential within a diverse, resilient biosphere.
And their mission: to use law as a tool to mend the relationship between human societies and the Earth.
I am joining a truly vibrant and eclectic Board of Trustees.